Yield: 1 6-inch bundt cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Olive & Marlowe extra virgin olive oil (we recommend the Ascolano, though you could use the Meyer lemon for added citrus flavor)
- zest of 1 meyer lemon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- juice of 1 meyer lemon
- ½ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- For Lemon Glaze
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons meyer lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a nonstick 6-cup Bundt pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the sugar, oil and butter on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add in the eggs, one at a time and beating until combined. Beat in vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Add in a third of the flour mixture and half of the buttermilk. Mix until just combined. Then add another third of flour and the rest of the buttermilk. Mix again until just combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl as needed. Add the rest of the flour and mix for 30 seconds. Finish incorporating the flour into the batter by hand with a rubber spatula to avoid over mixing.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Smooth the top.
- Bake until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow cake to cool in pan for at least 20 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, run it around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake and then invert the cake onto a cooling rack (lined with parchment paper) to cool completely.
- For the glaze
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl. If the glaze is too thick, whisk in a tablespoon of milk, a little at a time.
- Just before serving, pour the glaze over the cake and allowing it to drip down the sides. Enjoy!